With the real estate market so hot right now in Vancouver many people are looking to sell their homes. If you’re considering selling, you can earn thousands more just by keeping up your lawn and knowing how to make your lawn one that people want.
First impressions are important, and the first thing prospective home buyers see is your lawn, gardens and yard so you want to make it look great. By having a well-kept lawn and properly maintained yard, your property will be more attractive to buyers.
Here is a list of some things that you can do to increase the value of your house when you’re ready to sell:
- Lawn clippings.
Keeping your lawn clean and trim is going to make it much more appealing to buyers. Also, proper mowing and leaving clippings on the lawn provide nutrients to the lawn which will make it healthier and greener. Mulching can improve the look of your lawn because it adds back nutrients it can also make a poor impression if you leave clumps of grass. Make sure you have a mower designed to mulch and if you get any clumps disperse them.
- Watering the lawn, plants, and flowers.
One of the most important parts of lawn care is to make sure your lawn is getting the proper water it needs. Make sure you are very aware of the weather and how much what your lawn needs. Proper watering of the lawn, plants and flowers will lead to beautiful results. By the time you see your lawn starting to go yellow you are already behind. If you do see any yellow because you have not started watering make sure to use your local watering restrictions guidelines for times and max them out.
- Planting trees or flowers.
Fresh plants can give your lawn a different look. A few flowers here and there or just one large flower garden can really increase the aesthetic appeal of your property. You can use perenials or annuals. Your local nursery will have what you need.
- Removal and up-keep of unwanted weeds.
You should make sure to stay on top of the unwanted weeds in your lawn. If you remove them it can keep your lawn healthier. Unwanted weeds can spoil other plants. It is also improtant to remove weeds from gardens. The wide open ground of a garden is fertile territory for weeds. Weeds can have several seeding cycles in a season and allowing them to seed can result in a poor look and way more work. It is also common to have weeds blow from surrounding gardens into your lawn. Keep it clean and it will pay you back with many less hours of work.
- 5. Tree and Shrub Care.
Make sure to take complete care of your trees and shrubs by spraying at the right time of year and deep root fertilizing, which will help aid in the proper growth
- 6. Aeration.
This will provide a path for water and air to the roots. It also helps develop the lawn.
All of these things will help set you off on the right foot to increasing your property’s value. Lawn care is very important. It’s the first impression customers have.
Some other things to remember!
- Greenery attracts people immediately; it’s one of the best parts which any person can create in his environment. Greenery increases the value of the property since people will like the option of being able to sit outdoors and admire the nature.
- You can maintain your lawn by using eco-friendly chemicals that are easy on the lawn. There are organic and natural pesticides available now that are not only good for the health of the grass but for the atmosphere! As a home owner, you would not want the constant exposure to hazardous chemicals.
- If you can afford it, it may be worth the money to invest in a lawn care professional to help you add additions, updates, or just maintain your lawn. You may find that you are too busy or just don’t know enough about the subject.
Hopefully these tools can help you get a jump-start if you haven’t already in taking care of your lawn. It may require time and effort just like all good things do; but, in the end it’s almost always worth it.