Here are 5 tips to having a beautiful lawn in the spring and a good looking lawn all winter.
- Keep cutting your lawn until it stops growing, usually mid to late November
- Keep leaf debris and pine needle debris of the lawns on a weekly basis until all the leafs have fallen(remove pine needles and limbs after winter storms)
- Aerate your lawn to reduce winter puddling and prevent rotting of the turf
- Apply Winterizer fertilizer that is low in nitrogen and high in potassium, to help the grass plant store food, thicken its cell walls and harden off
- Apply a moss spray application if any moss is present in the lawn
- Apply lime to counter acidic winter rains
Make sense? How did those 5 tips do for you? We’d love to hear your feedback and we’re always here to talk and help you along with your lawn maintenance. As always, feel free to contact us!